Whenever we really can’t figure out what to make for dinner, pasta pesto usually provides an answer. This easy, tasty dish is perfect for weekdays or as a party pleaser.
– 2 chicken fillets
– 4 teaspoons of pesto (or more if you, like us, loooove pesto)
–half of one onion
– 50 gr. of rocket
– cherry tomatoes
– 200 gr. pasta
– optional: mushrooms, 2 teaspoons of creme fraiche, 1 bell pepper
How to make it:
1. Start to boil a pot of water for the pasta
2. Dice the onion and put in a pan with a tablespoon of oil.
3. Cut up the chicken fillet into bite-sized pieces and add salt and pepper; add this to the onion in the pan once the onion has turned slightly brown.
4. Add the pasta to the water once it has started boiling.
5. While the chicken and pasta are cooking, cut your tomatoes and other veggies.
6. Once the pasta has been cooked, drain 95% of the water, but keep the last 5% for the creaminess.
7. Add the vegetables and pesto (and optional creme fraiche) to the pasta.
8. Once this has been mixed, add the chicken and the rocket to the pasta mix.
*cover picture is not mine, but by Lekker & Simple. I will replace it with an original once I make it again 😉