It’s the last day of the clean eating challenge, bummer! Even though the week I did this was a long time ago (I mean a real long time ago), I still use a lot of what I learned in that week in my normal cooking. This meal in particular is great when you want to eat a greasy kebab somewhere, but would hate your own guts if you did… this is a somewhat healthier option…
For this recipe you will need:
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 1 egg (or more depending on how large your cauliflower is)
– pita bread (brand: genius)
– your favorite salad
– optional, but good: yoghurt dip/ sambal
1. Wash and ‘rice’ your cauliflower. You can do this with a food processor or use some extra time and chop the cauliflower up.
2. Put the chopped up cauliflower rice into a microwave-safe container, and microwave for about 4 minutes.
3. Take out the container and break in and add the egg(s). Mix thoroughly.
4. Form the cauliflower rice into burger-like patties and cook them in a frying pan with some oil. They should be done when they turn brown (don’t forget to flip them around!)
5. Grill your pita bread, or put them in the oven (this depends on what the packaging says, and personal preference.)
6. Once you’ve made the patties and heated the bread, cut open one side of the pita and fill up with your ingredients: the cauliflower patty (or two), tomatoes, salad, sauce and add any optional ingredients you like, such as: onions, julienne carrots etc. etc.